Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Order Form

Change Order Form

We have been using CO's in Vault Pro for years for engineering and couldn't do without. Now, since we have production engineers switched over to digital CO's, they are now trying to figure out how they can use this same system to manage their change requests for tooling, reworks, etc.

We proposed to them that they just use our CO form; but, we have alot of CO related properties on the general tab which means nothing to them. As well as item-related props within the CO itself.

So, what I am proposing is that there be a way to have different forms or templates for a CO based on what department is initiating it. We could have different props on the general tab as well as different props within the CO, as well as routing lists that would vary too.

We looked at a separate Vault, PLM 360, but then you are talking two different systems that you would have to search in which is not a good thing. Often the data is the same data, just re-used in different methods.

Is this a valid request? A screen shot is attached.

9 Comments
luttena
Autodesk

Hi Steve. Definitely a valid request. Thanks for the idea. What release are you on? I have an idea and I'd like to know if you have the feature first.

Thanks!

Adam

steveh3
Advisor

Hello Adam...

We are on VP2012. I have 2013 on our VM test server with our production database. Just can't seem to find time to upgrade on our production server.

Our production staff wants to me to create a new Vault just for them, but I'm reluctant to do so.

If you have an idea...I'm game.

Feel free to contact me direct if you want.

steveh@unverferth.com

Please let me know your thoughts. Thx,

Gene.R
Advocate

I've wanted and needed this functionality for many years now. I would like it to be configurable the CO numbering scheme. 

Currently I have multiple CO numbering schemes for different workflows:

ECR XXXXX = Change Request for all employees to request changes & submit markups to engineering.

ECO XXXXX = Change Order that is flull blown ECO that affects all departments and disposition of existing parts.

ECN XXXXX= Engineering Drawing Approval only via releaseing items in the change order, but does not yet get added to the ERP system.

DCN XXXXX= acts like a deviation Form that grants approval to deviate from a design without changing the drawings.

It would be awesome if each of these had different default property grid sets specific to each.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

steveh3
Advisor

Adam...

What were your thoughts here from the previous comment?

Thx,

Steve H.

olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

cbashor
Contributor

This is a great idea, working with a current customer that has a need for the same idea

ThomasSwanson
Advocate

Any movement on this?   Its now the 2019 release (2018 year) and we are still stuck with a single ECO.  It was set to approved back in 2013. 

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report