Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
3 Kudos
vanderplas73

Block LIbrary with Tool Pallets and DWG Templates (dwt)

by vanderplas73 on ‎06-21-2012 09:12 AM

I would love to place my block library into Vault, and then be able to have the tool pallets be able to browse to it. Right now in the options it appears that you cannot browse into the Vault. Future improvement? KNow any work arounds?

Second, I would love to be able to again, in AutoCAD options, browse into the Vault for the Drawing templates and the title block.Vault can read into a title block and get all the information, but it the block were to change, there is no easy way to point to it. I would love to be able to just browse into Vault thru the AutoCAD options dialog.

Currently there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it.

Hi vanderplas73, Thanks for submitting the idea. Can you submit the second request as an individual idea? That way we can review them individually.
Comments
by Board Manager on ‎07-05-2012 12:17 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi vanderplas73, Thanks for submitting the idea. Can you submit the second request as an individual idea? That way we can review them individually.
by Distinguished Contributor tmoney2007 on ‎04-19-2013 09:13 AM

This would be extremely helpful for us as well.  My company has thousands of blocks that could be managed.

Managing the title blocks and templates would be great as well.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors