Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault plugin for Catia

Vault plugin for Catia

Would like to have a Catia Vault add-in.

Hey Gusy,   I see on the App Exchange we have plugins for Pro E, Microstation and Rhino.   How about one for Catia?

Inventor with its Any CAD in the 2016 release is really helping out places with multiple cad enviroment.  Can we have plugins for the larger CAD programs that will allow us to add the files to Vault with out breaking the Parent Child relationships?

Having looked everywhere and not being able to find a Catia plugin, I decided to post to the idea station. I wasn't looking for help but trying to bring attention that there isn't a workflow to get Catia files into Vault that will break the parent child relationship.

16 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Gene.R
Advocate

I could use a Catia Add-in also

schnauzervillage
Enthusiast

A CATIA addin for Vault would be very useful

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

r_lehmann79
Advocate

I used to work in Inventor and Vault Basic from 2008 - 2016

From the begining of 2017 I have to work with Catia V5 and file system - what a disaster. I feel like 15 years back in time

Currently I'm looking for a simple multicad PDM System. Vault would be great, but so far there are no add-ins for Catia, NX,...

Please bring this! I think this will be a great change for Autodesk to enter Automotive / Aviation engineering!

Regards

Ralf

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the CATIA Plugin available now ?

I am interested in knowing how handle CATIA links in Autodesk Vault.

We are working on migration of CATIA files from SMARTEAM to Autodesk Vault.

Vinay

schnauzervillage
Enthusiast

Vinay 

i could put you in touch with a team that could help you but it would be on a commercial basis. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello schnauzervillage,

I had sent you a direct message earlier.

Please let me know how you can help here.

Thank you !

Vinay

gunnar_larsson
Advocate

I could also use a plugin for Catia <--> Vault. Getting more and more questions about this from consultancy and manufacturing firms.

matthew.smelcer
Community Visitor

If at all interested in offering Vault as a PDM for aerospace companies, a Catia Add-in is a requirement - not an option, since ALL aerospace OEMs have Catia as their backbone CAD program.   My situation is far from unique.

david.wager
Participant

@ihayesjr Is there any updates regarding this consideration? We are currently trying to figure out how to quickly and easily control our Catia files with the Vault.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

We do not have any plans to create a plugin Catia.

osman.eren
Explorer

Still dont you have any plan to create a plugin Catia for Vault?

ihayesjr
Community Manager

We do not have any plans to create a plugin Catia.

djtim2
Observer

Many small companies and teams use Catia v5 as their primary tool. They don't want to change CAD system, as there is no point, except for wasting time and money. But they all need a simple and reliable PDM (sometimes PLM), which Vault could be. Enovia v5 is not an option in this case, so Dassault can only suggest switching to V6, but this is a road to nowhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report