Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Change Transion Error/Restriction Dialog

State Change Transion Error/Restriction Dialog

Hey All,

When a user changes the state of a file, if that file doesn't meet a certain criteria then they get the following dialog:

jamescollinsPWQR2_0-1649090284469.png

Then I get a call from the user asking why they're getting this dialog. This can become quite frustrating for all involved.

I would like Vault to show them what criteria is not met:

jamescollinsPWQR2_1-1649091018917.png

Thanks,

James

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager

@james.collinsPWQR2 

This error is about properties. If they go back to the Properties Grid for the file, it shows which properties are not compliant. 

james.collinsPWQR2
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply @ihayesjr . Some of the time that's the case, but in the scenario shown above we are stopping files with a certain extension from making the transition from WIP > Released.

Regardless of the what's stopping the file from making that transition, it would be nice to have greater clarity in the dialog.

Thanks,

James

ihayesjr
Community Manager

@james.collinsPWQR2 

Thanks, I understand your request better now.

lukerietdyk
Enthusiast

Having this feature would be massively beneficial in our design office (50+ppl). If a file or Item transition errors, we lose significant time going back and eyeballing each UDP (of which we have sometimes 20+ in a category) in the Properties toolbar to try and determine which criteria are not being met. If the error dialogue was to explicitly state which criteria was not being met, this would reduce a lot of frustration and time loss. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report