Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Thin Client Office viewer

2015 Thin Client Office viewer

I couldn't find an existing solution or idea so here it is:

I'd like to use the thin client for users that don't or shouldn't have rights to the actual MS Office file (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).  The current 2015 implementation requires the user to download the file and view locally with Office or another desktop viewer.  I'd like it to work like it does for DWF and PDF files...opening another browser window and viewing the file in that window.  Downloading the file bypasses the security and allows users save it locally.  We have had situations where the user would use the local file and not realize there is an updated one available.  We currently publish PDFs to a read-only server share for this purpose.  I would like to replace the share with the thin client but am reluctant to do so with its current implementation.

So that my needs don't override others needs this should be configurable.  I've seen other ideas here that would like to differentiate users' ability to access the master file.  This is related to my request.

If I am missing a something in the configuration that would let me do this, please let me know.

Thanks

2 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can base on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We are archiving this Idea because it has been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you are welcome to do so. We have found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team

muhammad.alfian
Enthusiast

it would be great, if we could review those office file in the browser windows.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report