Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF-ed Dwgs not updated automatically

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karar
355 Views, 4 Replies

XREF-ed Dwgs not updated automatically

When I update a child (XREF-ed file) the changes are not shown in parent documents, only when I view the parent it says that "the may have been updated", but there is no option to see the updated file. How do I :
1. Manually tell the parent to use updated version of child
2. Set autocad/vault to load the latest version of XREF-ed documents.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yingkit(Autodesk)
in reply to: karar

Hi Karar,

You can bring up the ESW window (type in command 'xref'), right click on the xref to be updated and select 'Reload'.
--
Kit

Ying Kit
Message 3 of 5
karar

I had already tried that.. If I am just viewing it (without check out) then nothing happens. If I checkout the parent then the latest verison of XREF-ed dwg is shown. But if I click save (without any changes) and then check in to jsut store with latest child.. the changes aren't stored.
Secondly I don't want to open each drawing to update xref in it. I want vault to do it.
Actually we use one drawing of plan of plant. This drawing is referenced by different departments for doing piping/cabling/ ducting etc. and if the Plant's plan change the change should be shown in every depts drawing automatically (or after indication that plan has bene updated.. should the latest version be utilized (yes/no)? ) How do i accomplish that.
Message 4 of 5
sivapd

Is rest of the drawing have the “plan of the plant” attached from Vault? If yes, then you could “Open from Vault” to open any drawing from Vault and Vault will make sure that the latest copy of the host and xrefs are downloaded into the user’s working folder and opened from there. As long the latest version of the drawing are in working folder, while opening up the host, all latest xrefs will be shown. There is no need to check out host unless you want to create new version of host. Are you seeing all vault status icons as white circles? While means they are in sync with Vault and if they are red then the users working folder copy is outdated than the latest in the vault.

Siva
Product Designer - Data Management
Autodesk

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore
Message 5 of 5
untungGSjak

Hi,

I know its an old question, and maybe you all already know the answer, but in case a newbie in both autocad and vault like me have the same problem:

- open xref window

- select the xref, right-click and click on "get revision"

- upon the get window appear, just select/click "include children"

Hope its help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report