Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Sync for updating vaulted templates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
loesche1
480 Views, 3 Replies

Workspace Sync for updating vaulted templates

Hello all!

Does anyone have an idea how to implement a workspace sync that only updates folders containing templates?

We're managing our templates with Vault Pro 2015 and are happy with that. But it is hard for the users to keep an eye on the refresh-periods. My idea is a job that is automatically calling the workspace sync command line. Therefore I would like to restrict it on a special library folder and not doing a workspace sync on the whole workspace folder.

Thanks in advance,

Lars

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan
in reply to: loesche1

The are two problems with workspace sync.  One of them you have already identified which is that you cannot limit it to specific folders.  The other is that it will not download a file to your workspace if it is not already there (for example, someone in your company adds a NEW file into the vault, workspace sync will not pull this down).

For our clients we ended up writing a custom application to workaround these problems.  Autodesk provides the source code for the Vault Mirror application and this is what I used as a starting point when I coded up our utility.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 4
loesche1
in reply to: ryan

Hi Ryan!

Thank you very much for that information! Now I see clear what we have to do. The way you described seems to be a very good workaround!

Hopefully there will be an enhancement of the Workspace Sync functionality. I think we're not the only once facing those problems...

Best regards,

Lars

Message 4 of 4
GunnarN
in reply to: loesche1

I would suggest keeping the templates in a vault of their own, and do a workspace sync of that vault.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report