Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Folder with Database Folder

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rob.O
362 Views, 3 Replies

Working Folder with Database Folder

Hi all,

Strange thing...

I am in the process of setting up the Vault for the first time on our Parent company's server.

Since we have two different servers (in different offices) running ADMS and have users that will be required to work on projects from both servers, I have set up the default working folders similar to the following:

C:\Vault-CompanyA

C:\Vault-CompanyB

Everything is fine so far.

In the CompanyA Vault server, we have a few different databases.  Projects - 2010, Projects - 2011, Projects - 2012, etc...

When I get/checkout any files from any of those databases here is what I see in my working folder:

C:\Vault-CompanyA\Projects - 2011\Project A

or

C:\Vault-CompanyA\Projects - 2010\Project G

The above consists of the working folder, the database folder name and then the project name.  This is how I want it to show.

But when I get files from any of CompanyB's databases, here is what I see:

C:\Vault-CompanyB\Project A

The above only consists of the working folder and the project name.  The folder for the database name is not created.

How can I make the CompanyB Vault create the folder structure (including the database folder) like the CompanyA Vault does?

Yes... I know that Collaboration will allow us to have replication, etc... but we have just started using Vault, so I have to take it one step at a time! 🙂

Thanks for you help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rob.O
in reply to: Rob.O

The attached images may help illustrate my problem.

Folder-CompanyA shows the working folder as C:\Vault\Projects - 2011\ProjectName

And Folder-CompanyB shows the working folder as C:\Vault-2\ProjectName

Even though the working folders are set to C:\Vault and C:\Vault-2 respectivley.

(Names changed to protect the innocent!) 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Rob.O

Maybe I need to add the Database name when defining the working folder.  So instead of having the working folder set to C:\Vault-CompanyB\, I would set it to C:\Vault-CompanyB\Projects-2011\.  I did not do this for the Vault on the server here in our office: C:\Vault-CompanyA\

The only difference between the two Vaults is that CompanyA uses SQL Express and CompanyB uses the Full version of SQL 2008.

Anyone have and ideas why this would be different?  I have searched everywhere and tried multiple things to make it work and still cannot find an answer.

TIA

Message 4 of 4
Rob.O

Nevermind... I'm an idiot! 🙂

Apparently I needed to go through that entire process in order to discover my error...

In the CompanyA Vault I had set up another folder under the Vault Explorer ($) folder that had the same name as the Database!  DOH!!!  That was definately a Hommer Simpson moment! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report