Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workgroup Rules

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pdnm1
236 Views, 1 Reply

Workgroup Rules

Am I allowed to set a Rule that states File Name "starts with" x and "ends with"xxx"?

In my case we have numerous groups storing excel files but each has a different starting letter to the file name.

Such that one group always starts their files with a "G" and of course the file extension is ".xls" or "xlsx".

What I am trying to stay away from are other types of files that happen to start with the letter "G" in the name such as Inventor or Acad files.

If I add the rule criteria of:

File Name starts with "G"

File Name ends with "xls"

Will only files with BOTH criteria go to that category?

Or will I need to do something along the lines of what I wrote in the first sentence?

Follow up on this:

I attempted to see is using a wildcard character such as "*" could be used in a rule in the form of: G****50**.xl

No such luck.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: pdnm1

Thank you for your posting.

Yes for first question, the two Rule Criteria is calculated as AND operator. the files will be assigned to this categories when all criteria matched. so your two criteria could be able to exclude Inventor and ACAD file which starts with G.

No for sencond question, categories rules does not support displayed wildcard *, you may add another criteria using condition 'contains' -

• File Name starts with "G"
  • File Name ends with "xls"
  • File Name contains 50

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report