Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow with Items and Files

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
266 Views, 0 Replies

Workflow with Items and Files

We are planning on implementing Vault for our Company. I am trying to figure out a proper workflow with vault professional. I am not sure how other companies work. At present we have our own software which controls the drawings. Burn Templates and NC codes are also attached to drawings through this software. It sends emails to responsible people when drawings are released or pulled for change. It worked great for Autocad drawings until we moved to Inventor. There is no security for 3d data and we have to manually pdf all the drawings and save them on server for this viewer to work.

I am not sure weather to use just files or use files and items together. If we use just files there is no proper way to attach burn templates and NC codes to files. Hence using items since the act as containers seems like a good option. Again how to we maintain proper workflow. At what point do BTs, NC codes get attached? I have layed out couple of scenarios.

(Item security control file security) Engineering works on files when design is ready assign items, attach BTs and release Items through change order. Machine shop receives email and does a quick change to attach NC codes if required. Once items are locked files get locked.

(Item security independent of file security) Engineering works on files and release files. Files get released through Change Orders. Hire someone to assigns items and manage items (we allready have so many parts with item numbers using auto numbering scheme is going to be big hassle) IM Manger coordinates with machine shop to attach NC codes to items. Files are managed by Engineering and Items by Non Cad users.

I am not sure how other companies work... any help will be appreciated guys.

Thanks

Bhavin

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report