Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for using Vault Office 2015 license in Thin Client

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Esky99!
280 Views, 3 Replies

Workflow for using Vault Office 2015 license in Thin Client

Can someone please give me a workflow for the above subject.

My trial and error workings so far are:

1. Open Thin client in write access

2. Check out a word doc file

3. Download the file (Seems to go to the downloads folder??? "Why it doesn't automatically go to the folder under the vault project I don't know.")

4. Save file in word doc file.

5. Close word

6. Check file back in thin client.

This is a nightmare. Not very user friendly and not worth the money from my current findings.

Also, Due to the file being in the downloads folder. If you want to check it out again and work on it. You need to manually delete the existing file first!!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zongjie.ng
in reply to: Esky99!

Hi Kopex,

Thank you for your feedback on the checking out and in of the files using Thin Client, I will have a discussion with the team on it.

Regarding your request for a workflow on the subject, are you asking for workflow on how Thin Client consume the Vault Office license?

Regards,

Zongjie

Message 3 of 4
Esky99!
in reply to: zongjie.ng

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My answer is No.

All I expected from this license was similar workflow of the thin client and the vault client.

2 options:

1. File is checked out and opened from the thin client. Then can be either checked in via office addin (e.g. word) or checked in via the thin client. (Thin client knows where the file is located. (Same as vault client knows).

2. File is opened directly within office (e.g. word) and checked out via the word addin. Then checked in via the word addin. (This option is available now)

I need option 1 to work. Thats why we paid money for this license!

Thanks
Message 4 of 4
bharath.kumar99
in reply to: Esky99!

Hi Paul - Vault office is designed in a away to facilitate webclient office document udpates. 

We need to ensure when an office document is checked out from a web client, it has to be checked back IN from the webclient( and not via Vault Add-Ins). 

There are few options in the browser which would allow you to control the download location and prompts for download path , we could make use of it.

Google Chrome >> Settings >> Show Advanced Settings >> Download >> "Ask where to save each file before downloading" 

We've also considered your point to control the download location via application configuration rather than general browser configuration.

Bharath Kumar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report