Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd folder renaming problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ozitag
436 Views, 6 Replies

Wierd folder renaming problem.

Hi,

I am just trying to rename a folder in vault 2010 which contains a number of files that are linked together as well as linked to files outside of the folder.  I have made sure my workspace is empty and all files are checked in, so nothing checked out and nothing sitting on my harddrive. I then right click, rename, enter the new name and press return. Processing starts and returns an error attached and then low and behold I have one of the files checked out. Always the same file. I tried this on other guys computer and it does the exact same thing. Tried deleting all the files in the temp folder, no change. Any ideas?

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: ozitag

Any ideas on this issue? We also receive this error when renaming files, but only occaisionally. I personally think it is a number of character limitation due to the rediculously long temporary folder that Vault uses. Is there any way around this??

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: mpatchus

After some investigating I think the problem lies with the Max file size limitation being set to 50mb in Vault.

Vault Error.png

Here's a link to how to change the default Max size.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4445223&linkID=9261340

Hope this helps... Mike

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 7
ozitag

Hi,

Never did get a solution to it. I can't even remember exactly which files it was now.

I also don't think it is the size issue you pointed out as we have always been able to add larger files. (I just checked and there are quite a few files that are greater than 50Mb, some over 100Mb.)

Something that it could be, although this is a long shot from left field, is a problem with a texture. If the part is an iPart, INV copies all the textures and colours etc into the file. If there is one that has an issue, then it creates unusual problems. Do a purge on the files and see if it changes it. But as I said, it is a suggestion from way outside.

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
Message 5 of 7
mpatchus

Oz,

The issue doesn't seem to be with adding files larger than 50mb.  They seem to go into the Vault fine.

It looks like the issue occurs when you try and check them in and out during a rename that causes the error.

Our files went into the Vault fine, but once they were there, we couldn't rename them because of the size limitation.

Mike

Inventor 2025 Beta

Message 6 of 7
ozitag

Yep, I tried to rename a large file and it bombed out as first described. Looked in to doing the change you mentioned before and couldn't find those files. It's not a great issue for me as I don't rename large files very often, but it's good to know the reason for the error and that it is an error. Will send the problem to my reseller and they can forward it to Autodesk, unless Autodesk reads this and can log it as needing a change.

Thanks for the info,

Ozitag

IV 2010
Message 7 of 7
Madhan_T

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this and we appreciate for finding the cause as well. I will forward this.

Regards,

Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report