Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?!?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sathersc23
188 Views, 0 Replies

Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?!?

Does anyone know what workflow leads to an Item being unable to recognize that there is a newer version of the primary link file availble for update, leading to the error, "Error: Item Not Updated - No newer file versions available for update."

In my current example, Revision 1 of the item is calling out version 10 of the CAD file. As I attempt to update Revision 2 with version 13 of the CAD file, it throws this error. I can check out the file, and create version 14, check it back in, Vault still fails to understand the item update.

Does it have to do with the iProperties? I noticed that version 11 made by one of my co-workers somehow changed the part number, which I know is typically used to define the Item. 

We run across this roughly once every 80 ECO's, and the resolution is to just screw around with it until it works, or drop it out of the ECO all together so we can close the ECO and move on with life.

Thanks to a corporate mandate we are moving to TeamCenter within the next year. The only thing that would make me happier is moving to a ParaSolid modeler as well.

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
Vault Pro 2014 SR: 1 SP: 1
Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.47 GHz
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64
AMD FirePro V7900 - 8.830.5.6000

----------------------------

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Earl C. Kelley
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report