Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's that? You want to Purge a file?...OK

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CelticDesignServices
436 Views, 3 Replies

What's that? You want to Purge a file?...OK

Yes,

I want to purge this version of the file. Any problems with doing that?

Purge-1.JPG

Sweet! No restrictions, I can purge this version of the file, thanks, you're the best Mr. Vault.

Purge-2.JPG

What? Why didn't you purge that version? You promised me you would. Do you have better things to do or were you just toying with me? Mr. Vault??? This file is released MR. Vault and I don't need this (or other versions) of this file other than the Released version. I am in need of disk space like you wouldn't believe Mr. Vault. Why won't you purge these versions? You've been purging others for me....are you just tired? Look, I'll pay you for Overtime if I have to....is it not in your contract? Against your Union policy??? Is it just Released files that you won't purge versions of? Isn't that what you are SUPPOSE to do? The file is Released....I don't need the 135 versions it took me to get there anymore.

How about just doing what I tell you to do before I uninstall your lazy so and so?!

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hey there Jim,

Please refer to the following thread for more details around purge.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/New-Hotfixes-Available/td-p/3344817

Feel free to contact me again directly if you have further questions.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Allan, but I'm able to still do purging on files and have been the last 2 days as we are in great need of doing such for disk space.

Even though we have Update 1 loaded, we can still run the Purge command either from the Console or from the Client.

Not being able to purge our old versions of files is going to kill us here. A lot of our files and extremely large in file size and when each of these files (some 70,000) have an avg of at least 20 versions....the file size is at 260Gigs. adding an avgerage of 400 files a day and processing an avg of 21,000 files per day. Our IT dept requested this purge claiming the cost of maintaining the disk space required for all these versions was getting out of hand. Not quite sure what that is suppose to mean, but I'm just doing what I can to clean things up.

We are having to perform an IIS reset numerous times a day now to clear out the memory as when w3wp file reaches 1.7gigs or higher, Vault drops to its knees as does the engineering dept. here.

I know we've talked about this before, numerous times but if we can't purge, we're going to be screwed here very soon.

I'm open for any suggestions you have, but we are currently struggling to keep things operating here with Vault and there's already a large bug in the manager's ears to go to SolidWorks (like that's somehow going to fix all their problems, I know, but you know how management thinks sometimes)

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 4 of 4

Hey JIm,

Will contact you directly regarding your specific filestore issues.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report