Vault General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 1 of 3 (185 Views)
Accepted Solution

What does this Error message Mean????

185 Views, 2 Replies
11-16-2012 07:29 AM

I have a drawing that I just checked out of the vault.  When I select this command

vault.JPG

to fill out the data card so that info can populate my title block in the drawing I get this message.

vault error.JPG

Anyone know what it means and how to get around it or prevent it from happening?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: What does this Error message Mean????

11-16-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Ok, I should have seen this one coming.

I started to recreate this same drawing in a different drawing file and I was able to update the data card like I have so many times before.  Then I crashed.  Went back to my original drawing that was giving me the error and viola!!!

I didn't get the error message and I was able to update my data card.

Go figure!!!  Should have known after seeing a strange new error message I was about to crash!!!  :smileyfrustrated:

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: What does this Error message Mean????

11-20-2012 11:41 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

I have seen this error message in other applications, with one common thread: SQL.  I don't know what it means, and I think the person who came up with the error message ought to be severely beaten.  There was a thread I saw somewhere full of vague and non-sensical error message.  Some were even worse than this one.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.