Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web viewer showing ALL revisions of a released file instead of only latest one

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wseaston
643 Views, 6 Replies

Web viewer showing ALL revisions of a released file instead of only latest one

Hi There,

We are nearing our launch of the web viewer to our production plant, however, we are having some issues.

I have a released file which has 3 revisions. When I search for the file in the web viewer, it shows me all 3 revisions of the file in the search results instead of only the latest released revision.

How can I set it such that the web viewer will only show the latest released revision of a file and not all revsions.

Please also bear in mind that if a file is returned to work in progress, it must still only show the last released revision.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wseaston
in reply to: wseaston

Please note that all revisions of the file which was searched for show up only when using the search function, if you simply browse to the file in the viewer only the latest revision is visible and not all the previous revisions.

Message 3 of 7
Olaf.Górski

Is it possible that these released files have the same names but are located in the different folders? If yes, compare it with the results of the basic search in Windows Vault Client using criteria “File Name contains … and State is Released”; presumably you will get the same results. Than

By the way, make sure as well all hotfixes are installed.

Hope it helps you.

Olaf Górski
Message 4 of 7
wseaston
in reply to: Olaf.Górski

Hi Olaf,

Thanks for your reply. Please note that the file in question only exists in one folder. For some reason when using the search function it shows all revisions of that file in the search results. This is a risk for us even though there are warnings in place that warn the user if they are viewing an old revision.

For us the best solution (And expected results in my opinion) would be that only the latest released revision should appear in the webclient regardless of how the file is searched for in the viewer.

Please click on the link below to see a clip of the issue.

Thanks,

Wayne

Screencast clip

Message 5 of 7
wseaston

We are using Vault Professional 2013 network licenses. Vault Client Build 17.0.62.0

Message 6 of 7
hans.martin.haga

>For some reason when using the search function it shows all revisions of that file in the search results.

>This is a risk for us even though there are warnings in place that warn the user if they are viewing an old revision

I now have a customer with the exact same problem. When they search for a file, e.g. 04781.dwg, the search result indicates that revision "C" is the latest released revision of this file. However, a  released revision "D" exists - but this is only shown if we navigate directly to the folder/file!

Our customer use the Web Client for production. If they pick the wrong file....

This clearly have to be a bug!

Message 7 of 7
agittoes

I have found and been able to reproduce a similar problem, when a user has modify rights on a released revision and makes a change, both released versions show in the Web Client as they are both the same revision and released. 

When the files revision is bumped up the previous two released versions no longer show in the Web Client.

On another note, I have an installation where once a file is released Job Server synchronizes properties and updates the view, creating a second released version of the same revision. This doesn't cause both versions to show in Web Client, only the latest version with the comment Properties Synchonized by Job Server.

So it's only an issue when a user can check out and modify a released file.

Hope this helps.

Adam Gittoes

Cadgroup Australia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report