Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client - "effective revisions" problem?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
490 Views, 9 Replies

Web Client - "effective revisions" problem?

Hello all,

I noticed that when logging in to the web client we are using with our Vault Pro 2011,

that the files (actually items, I guess) are no longer being shown in the list on the first screen.

They haven't disappeared-- if you search for them, you can find them.

Now, this isn't really an issue with our main vault we use for production; there are thousands of files

in there, so no one really relied on that list anyway. However, our vault used by the sales department only

has maybe 10 or so files, and the guys have gotten used to just looking for what they need in that list right

after logging in. Convincing these guys to use Vault is hard enough, so I want to make this a simple as possible

to avoid being griped at.

I think it's an issue with effective revisions? I noticed that after I initially release something it will show up in that list

for a while before it disappears to only be found via searching. Is this something I can change? I just want it to show

the latest revisions of any and all items I have released, regardless of date.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
KooCheeKit
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

From your description, i guess the Item Filters 'Timeframe:' is not set to value 'Older'.

ItemFilter.PNG

Hope this helps.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: KooCheeKit

I appreciate your reply very much.

However, when I set it to "Older", actually nothing shows up in that list.

But when I search for the items by name, they show up. So I know they

are in there. How can I fix this?

Message 4 of 10
Andy.Spivey

Matthew,

Can you post a full screen shot of the webclient showing the behavior?   Maybe the filter is looking for a specific catagory instead of All?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Attached pictures, because it won't let me insert them.

Before search // after search

Message 6 of 10
Andy.Spivey

How is the webclient configured for viewing the items (Click the configure at the top right, and scroll to the bottom)

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

config.JPG

I remember messing with the config before; had a problem with it showing some items that were not released. I can' t afford to have anyone get any drawings out of vault that are not released, as this is used for production. Also had a problem with (i think when the 'show only released revisions' was checked) the links that you would normally click on to pull up a dwg not being click-able.

Message 8 of 10
Andy.Spivey

Matthew,

If you change the filter from 7 days (or older) to last 3 months, are the items displayed?  I am trying to duplicate the behavior you are seeing an am unable to do so.   I am using IE 8.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Andy, I am also using IE8. I appreciate your help.

Changing the filter to 'last 3 months' does indeed show the items.

Is there any way to get rid of this step? It's hard enough to convince proudction

and sales to start using Vault for all the drawings, and the less they have to learn

to facilitate it's use, the better.

THanks!

Message 10 of 10
Andy.Spivey

I believe the filter should persist after the webclient is closed and re-opened.

So If I make the change once to show the timeframe of the las 3 months, it will still show that filter the next time I login to that vault / server via the webclient.

I think this will only become an issue again if those release items go past 3 months (they would then fall under the "older" filter.

I will log an enhancement request for an additional filter "All" for Timeframe if I cannot find a way to do so.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report