Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning when I closeing drawing which is not ever checked in

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TorbjornRolfSallander
591 Views, 5 Replies

Warning when I closeing drawing which is not ever checked in

I do not get any warning when I close down a new made drawing which has not ever been checked in. If I forget to check in these drawings and for some reason are forced to clean out my workspace on C:, which has happened, then I might lose a lot of work.

How can I get this warning?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

There is no warning that I am aware of for a file that has never been Vaulted.  Vault does not know wether you want that file or not, so the best bet is to either remember to Vault everything and/or make sure you have good backups so you can restore anything you've lost if you delete.

Message 3 of 6

When it comes to new files I am not aware of any message either.  In fact, new files do not have a connection to the vault until you check it in for the first time.  I know if you are in a session of Inventor and the file has been previously checked in, and you close it you will get prompted asking if you want to check it in.  That is where the connection comes in.  When it comes to vault a user has to be cognoscent to check in.  This is called user awareness.  Hate to say it, but it is somewhat like saving.  If you don't save often and the power goes out you lose everything. 

I check in all the time.  A specially if I have done some major changes that I do not want to lose.

If you really think you have something you would like to see in vaul as an enhancement you can always submit it to the Vault Idea Station.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your suggestions, all very helpful.

I just thought that compared to many other prompts the system gives this one should actually be nice to have, but off course, if a person always does as he should and never makes a mistake we would not need any prompts at all, would we?

Message 5 of 6

If you do end up posting and idea in the link I provided in my last posting, make sure you paste a link to the idea here in this thread so we can look at it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report