Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization Regen on whole Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ScottMe
214 Views, 2 Replies

Visualization Regen on whole Vault

Sorry if this has been covered before but I could not find. It has been a few years since I last used Vault and I know there used to be a feature where you could run through task scheduler and refresh all visualization files in Vault. It was able to be scheduled on a routine so it could run overnight, this was on Vault 2010, I think. Can anyone tell me how to run this on Vault Pro 2014? Thanks much, Scott
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: ScottMe

Hey Scott,

At some point we did create a tool to identify missing DWF and update but as far as I know this was not a "schedule-able" task.  We obviously made a number of improvements in this area so we can now run an advanced search to identify which files do not have DWF attachments and send to the job processor, but there is no UI to automate this.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Olaf.Górski
in reply to: ScottMe

As Allan already replied you have to identify files needed to be update since it is not intended that Job Processor will dully update the entire stock of documents in your Vault. You must select the files to be treated – select files, then menu “Actions”, “Update View” => “Queue Update” and you won’t be able to select all the files in one step. Therefore either identify only those with missing DWF attachment or - if prefer to update all documents - just create search folders according to the file date or to category or to users, or whatever makes sense, and then send batch by batch to the Job Server.

Olaf Górski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report