Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View of DWF in Vault

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nbradbury
217 Views, 3 Replies

View of DWF in Vault

I just migrated all of my files in the Vault from 2008 to 2009 using the Design Assistant. Now when I browse for files in the Vault and I click on them I get a message in the View tab that says "Unable to view the selected file. Click the 'Open' button to view with an external viewer." Why can I no longer view the files? How do I make it so I can view the files? I have noticed that if I click the Update... button on the View tab then the preview is available. But I don't have time to click the Update button for every file.

Regards,
Nathan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Madhan_T
in reply to: nbradbury

Hi Nathan,

I hope the following solution might be useful.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11022842&linkID=9261341

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
nbradbury

Madhan,

Thanks for the link but it did not resolve the issue. I am slowly going to every file in the vault and clicking the update view bottom. Hopefully by Christmas I will be done.

If there are any other suggestions our there I would love to hear them.

Regards,
nathan
Message 4 of 4
Madhan_T

Hi Nathan,

Well. The application in the link does the same function. If the DWF is not associated to the files, it will re-create and attach to the files. Perhaps, I would like to get this resolved as soon as possible if you could log a Support request with us. Alternatively, you may contact the reseller to log a Support Request with us. We would help you to get resolved.

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report