Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View history files from Web Client

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jalanp1955
360 Views, 4 Replies

View history files from Web Client

Our inspection department would like the ability to view previous revisions of a part file. We are using Vault Collaboration 2012 and they use the web client to view files. They can look at a list of the history files but do not have access to view them. I could not find a way to change this in the configuration section of the web client.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: jalanp1955

Sorry but you cannot view previous versions of a file in the web client.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
VGonsalves
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin

I know this is a very old thread but I have a question for you or any one of the Autodesk support team members.

Our current setup consists of Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 with Vault Collaboration 2012, plus Webclient throught Internet explorer 9. We have an extremely simple lifecycle setup - "Work in progress" to "Released" and vice versa. We have used this lifecycle for a short while now. And the benefit is that when the file is "Released" its visible through the webclient but once it has been changed to "Work in Progress" for editing it disappears from the web client. This works very well with our factory setup.

But recently I have noticed that there is a problem occuring on some files. When a file has been reverted to "Work in Progress" its historical data is visible through the web client. This is a receipe for disaster. Kindly help me rectify this problem.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: jalanp1955

There is no way to change this.  The web client was designed to show previously released files even if the current version of the file is in Work in Progress.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 5
john.laidler
in reply to: VGonsalves

If you have DWF files being created, and they exist when the document is 'released, then a 'watermark' will appear when viewing the document stating its 'work in progress'.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report