Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Vault Professional 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dbarroco
428 Views, 1 Reply

Very Slow Vault Professional 2013

Hi, 

A dedicated Vault Pro server (2003 R2 SP2) has been working fine with yearly upgrades since Vault 2010.

this year, a few weeks after the upgrade to 2013 the costumer started to complaint with very delayed logins (5 min or so) on either the Vault client or the autocad/inv add-in.

The problem deteriorated and I was able to increment the TimeOutPipe, as described, and that apparantely resolved on the client side. On the server side the dalaying was still verified.

Last week they started to complaint that the vault licenses also were not delivered to the server.

In deed the licenses are not getting properly returned after a 'LogOut' option.

I only have left to format the machine, that is fully updated. I backed up and removed the intallation, did a fresh install and the delaying issue is still the same. After a restore it just gets worse on the console...menus, listing, everything is very very anoying. The rest of the system seems to work fine.

The Job dispatch sometimes yelds a timeout error. I guess this is the mother of all the symptoms but I can't seem to fix it... Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you

David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbarroco
in reply to: dbarroco

After patching the server with the latest updates, some Vault 2013 hotfixes and installing the latest LMTools it fixed the licensing issue apparently. Can't know for sure which of those tree actions resolved it.

About the login on the client side, they (the users) say it is acting normal. For the console it takes a while to repond or to populate the results pane - an abnormal amount of time compared to previous versions....

I'll let this be as is for the time being, since there is not much more i can do, at least that occurs me...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report