Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Performance Vault Explorer 2013

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
svillaire
4739 Views, 48 Replies

Very Slow Performance Vault Explorer 2013

We recently upgraded our Vault Server to 2013 (ADMS).  New high powered Dell Precision T5500 workstations were deployed with AutoDesk Inventor Suite 2013.  When users attempt to open a file from the Vault using the Inventor vault add-in or Vault explorer, the process is extremely slow.   The grid takes approximately 1 minute for the files to populate, then 30-45 seconds for each subsequent subfolders. 

Granted the folder and file structure is large with 1000’s of drawings, but we never had this issue with Vault 2012 using old out dated workstations.

I was expecting a major performance increase with the new workstations, but we are experiencing the opposite.

Here are the details of the Vault Server:

Dell PowerEdge R510

Dual Xeon Processors 2.66GHz

48GB Ram

Full SQL Server 2008R2

Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise

1 Vault, 1 Library

Total size of vaults (SQL Databases) 3.61GB

Total size of libraries (SQL Databases) 750MB

Total size of file store 62.94GB

Number of files in data store 187,732

Steps taken to try and speed up browsing of files in Vault:

• Full SQL Maintenance Plan runs every evening
  • Manually defragment database through ADMS (ADMS almost always says Defragmentation Recommended)
  • Restart SQL Server
  • Re-Index File Properties
  • Updated File Status
  • Disabled McAfee Anti-Virus on Server and Clients

Please help!

Thanks,

Shawn

48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
mollons
in reply to: DrewF

Vautl does not connect to Live Update or any Autodesk resources on the internet.

Proxy settings do have an effect on Vault performance though.

There is more info about Vault and Proxies here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0206-Autodesk206/0210-About_Yo210/0211-Vault_In211/...

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 42 of 49
mbaker
in reply to: svillaire

Hi All,

Recently upgrade a client to 2013, the grid population is very, very slow... Seems to be related to all the conversations noted here,. Just wanted to let you all know that the Page view suggestion did not work, and the property grid is not available in Vault Basic.

I have used Autoloader to populate the vault and have removed all error files... I'm open to any suggestion that may address. What was once seconds to see the grid is now minutes...

System is Win 7 64 with 8 gig of memory, the application being used is AutoCAD Electrical. I have test with pure Autocad, and performance has no apparent deltas...

Thanks

Mike B

Message 43 of 49
mbodnar
in reply to: mbaker

Hi If you are using vault basic there is a hotfix that addressed this performance issue. Hotfix needs to be installed Max Bodnar Sent from my iPhone
Message 44 of 49
mbaker
in reply to: mbodnar

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the Service patch 1 included that hotfix. Sp1 read me indicates solves performance problem when browsing contents in Vault Basic. Am I missing or misreading the SP description? Thanks again Mb Sent from my iPhone
Message 45 of 49
mbodnar
in reply to: mbaker

I would assume that as well Might be worth trying to apply the hotfix anyway Max Sent from my iPhone
Message 46 of 49
Kubuz
in reply to: svillaire

This fix working great !!

Message 47 of 49
mbaker
in reply to: Kubuz

Did you apply your hot fix after SP-1? Do you need to re-install SP-1 after the Hotfx? Any order dependance?

MB
Message 48 of 49
Kubuz

I installed it after SP1 and it works perfect
Good luck
Message 49 of 49
mbaker

Thanks I'll give that a try...

Later...
Mike Baker
Manufacturing Division & DM PSE
Total Cad Systems Inc.
480 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E
Suite 234
Houston, TX 77060
Phone 281-445-6161
www.tcadsys.com

See our blog at http://totalcad.wordpress.com/

Enjoy your Subscription benefits today!
http://www.tcadsys.com/subscriptions.html

What is Digital Prototyping? Click here to find out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report