Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Web Client

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
petercharles
2472 Views, 18 Replies

Vault Web Client

We use the Vault web client for staff that only need to view and print drawings.

The page length is limited to 25 rows with more pages to display files in batches of 25.

Can I increase the page length to more than 25?

If I can, is there a maximum number of rows I can go to?

Increasing the number of rows per page will help win user acceptance of this way of accessing files.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
rantisong
in reply to: petercharles

This setting is not able to be changed in current release. But thanks for your good suggestion, and I will send the reqirement to our PD team.

-Frank

Vault 2013 Wiki help is ALIVE !
Message 3 of 19
petercharles

Oh pity, I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of where in the HTML code I could tweak a value to change the 25 row page limit. (I couldn't find anything obvious on me first examination)

Currently the fact that 'pages' are displayed rather than a continuous list (as in Vault) is being used as a reason why it's regarded as 'unusable' by certain areas within the company.

Message 4 of 19
petercharles

According to the Janus.Web.GridEX v3.xml -

<member name="P:Janus.Web.GridEX.GridEXPageNavigatorSettings.PageSize">
            <summary>
            Gets or sets a value indicating the number of rows to display per page.
            </summary>

</member>

Would this enable the rows per page to be modified???

(This 'rows per page' is a real hot potato at work!!)

Message 5 of 19
crisco_wu

Hello, petercharles! I'm the developer of Vault Web Client.

I'm sorry to tell you that you're not able to modify the page size.

For now, the PageSize property you found in Janus.Web.GridEX v3.xml is assigned to be 25 by force in code behind. We can change it to be configurable if a requirement is raised.

Message 6 of 19
petercharles
in reply to: crisco_wu

For now, the PageSize property you found in Janus.Web.GridEX v3.xml is assigned to be 25 by force in code behind. We can change it to be configurable if a requirement is raised.

Well, the requirement is now raised  🙂

Any timescale for this trivial modification?

Would appreciate being able to set the number of rows per page ourselves (through the xml ?) rather than preset options.

Message 7 of 19
petercharles

P.S.

Would be happy to act as a beta tester for a new version

Peter

Message 8 of 19
petercharles

Crisco,

Any news on an updated version.........

Got to do a report for the boss 😞

Peter

Message 9 of 19
crisco_wu

We will try to make the change as soon as possible. Please stay tuned. The setting probably would be in web.config, looks like:

<appSettings>

<add key="PageSize" value="25" />

</appSettings>

Message 10 of 19
petercharles

Thank you for the quick reply.  Something positive to add into my report  🙂  🙂

Message 11 of 19
scottmoyse

has this been changed yet? the Web client is in dire need of customisation options! for example why can't I move the frames around? I can't even read the full folder names on the left hand side of the page!

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 19
crisco_wu
in reply to: scottmoyse

The "Page Size" discussed in this thread is not about the frames, it is to define how many rows to display on the grid.

Thanks,

Crisco

Message 13 of 19
scottmoyse

I'm well aware of that, i raised a second issue! but you didn't answer the intial part of my post either..... I can only assume the feature to increase the number of rows wasn't added in the 2012 web client!

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 14 of 19
crisco_wu

The feature to increase the number of rows is added in the 2012 web client, but the frame size isn't.

Thanks,

Crisco

Message 15 of 19
scottmoyse

cool, can you direct me and others who read this where that is set please? I haven't been able to find it

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 16 of 19
crisco_wu

As I mentioned in a previous post of the thread, the setting is in web.config:

<appSettings>

<add key="PageSize" value="25" />

</appSettings>

Message 17 of 19
scottmoyse

thankyou, in your previous post you said, 'would probably be in'! So you posted it before the change had been made. Hence why i asked the question!

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
varindersra

Hi,

Is it possible to add the horizontal scroll, to scroll through the colums. Right now colums resizes automatically which make it extremely difficult if I want to display more properties in the main view.

Message 19 of 19
crisco_wu
in reply to: varindersra

It's a good idea and maybe doable. Please communicate the requirement to your reseller or product support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report