Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault web client list view problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
m_simons
360 Views, 5 Replies

Vault web client list view problems

My company is having issues with the subscription release web client and the list view populating as blank. This is clearly a bug because sometimes if you scroll all the way to the bottom sometimes you'll see a drawing or two. It kind of wigs out, and then you can refresh and sometimes the CAD files show up.

This happens on multiple workstations at my organization, it is difficult to reproduce and sporatic. I've tried running IE in compatability mode, as administrator, cleared cache, all the typical 'IE' fixes with no success.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

As a personal note; Why is it Autodesk seems to use their clients as beta testers? I'm really getting sick and tired of paying an arm and a leg for crappy software that is completely riddled with dumb issues that CONTINUALLY show up in Autodesk products. It makes your software nearly unbearble to use and bottom line, costs my organization money when users (and myself) have to spend time tracking down what causes these silly problems when they should have been ironed out before Autodesk even released the software. What Autodesk is doing is borderline criminal. I have a list a mile long of things like this such as stupid things the job processor does, things that have worked for ages in AutoCAD but in the new releases they are suddenly broken, why was que DWF generation to the job processor removed from the web client? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: m_simons

I am sorry that you are having problems with the Thin Client.  Are you using the 2014 subscription release?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
m_simons
in reply to: ihayesjr

Yes we are using the subscription release with all available updates to our Vault.

Message 4 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: m_simons

Please log a product support case so they can help you investigate the problem.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 6
mariepl
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi

Did you ever get this problem resolved?  It would be nice to have Autodesk people document the resolution of these problems on forums...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
m_simons
in reply to: mariepl

No, this has not been resolved.

For those searching, how I have somewhat gotten around the problem;

Sometimes if the list view (or grid view as Autodesk calls it) gets messed up you can either switch views in the webclient (to 'Tiles' view for instance) and then  back to list view and it might start working again.

A second method that sometimes works for me if none of the views are working, if you notice the scroll bar in internet explorer is small (indicating that there is a long list of 'something' your browser is displaying) you can scroll all the way down and occasionally you will see some garbled mess of the web client. If you click on a link in this garbled mess, sometimes it 'freaks out' and starts working again.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report