Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Visualization File Creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mrdelicious2
545 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Visualization File Creation

This is driving me MADDDDDDD.

We are trying to move to Vault Professional  2015 after years of reasons that we couldn't make it happen.

I have the Vault Client and the Server on my local machine for a test.

Most of everything has been pretty straight forward and working pretty good.

The .dwf creation, which one would think would be pretty easy.

I have gotten it to work off and on.  I have read every blog, every post/forum, internet snippet I can find, for days.

We have many thousands of legacy Autocad drawing files and thousands of Inventor drawings to be vaulted.

What I want is for the .dwf to be created in Black and White...Simple

I have gotten the Acad drawings to Check-In and the .dwf to be created, background overridden and works just fine.

The Inventor drawings....I've gotten it to work a few times, but it won't consistantly create the monochrome .dwf each time.

Here is a screenshot, the only thing that was done was drawing checked out, view moved, saved and checked back in.

The file is created upon check in, no job server was used.

There were no options or settings changed of any kind, yet the .dwf switches from color to monochrome?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Larry
Build 209, Inventor 2024.2/Vault 2024.2
Dell Precision 7760
Windows 10 Enterprise - 64Bit
128 GB Ram
Nvidia RITX A3000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
smithmat
in reply to: mrdelicious2

Any chance you can create and share a video showing the workflow where the first time it is in color and the second time it is in monochrome?  That way we can see if we notice anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

- Matt

Message 3 of 3
mrdelicious2
in reply to: smithmat

I wish that I could, the problem is that it isn't consistant.

It's color almost all the time, I change setting and try, repeat, every once in a while I'll get a B&W .dwf and think that it is fixed.

I'll quickly try by checking out the file, making a slight change and check back in...Color.

There is no consise help or post that I can find that deals with the Inventor Drawings.

I can find handfuls of how to make the AutoCad drawings do a B&W .dwf upon vault check in...and it works fine

I can find things on how to make the Inventor Drawings with a dwfwriter do a B&W dwf...and it works fine.

The issue is with vault creating the .dwf automatically upon vault check in?

The screenshot was taken within a minute of each other.

Steps were as follows.

Both Inventor and Vault open and signed in.

I double clicked the file in vault to check it out and open in Inventor.

I'd move the shaded view, save and check back in.

.dwf in black and white

Repeat the above steps

.dwf in color again

Our current standard is to create a B&W .pdf with every drawing to be sent out to manufacture or to be viewed by 3rd parties.  It works wonderful.

I am exploring moving to .dwf, mostly based on the auto creation and auto check into vault.

I guess what could be the most help is what controls the dwf output to monochrome?

Why should this be so difficult?

It should be an option.

Thanks,
Larry
Build 209, Inventor 2024.2/Vault 2024.2
Dell Precision 7760
Windows 10 Enterprise - 64Bit
128 GB Ram
Nvidia RITX A3000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums