Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault thumbnails dont update

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Winks87
1464 Views, 7 Replies

Vault thumbnails dont update

The Vault is not updating thumbnails created from cad (Autocad Mech 2014/Inv 2014) files.  I checked out an Autocad file, made sure vizualization is created from model and paperspace (there is nothing in ps on this dwg) and checked it back in.  Did a refresh  in Vault and the thumbnail is one of another cad file.  How is this happening?

James Winkler
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Winks87

Hi James,

The visualisation file option has nothing to do with the thumbnails, that's a bit of a red herring.

As a sanity check, check one of those files out and go to the thumbnail tab... Right click on the file in Windows Explorer, go to iProperties.  See what the picture is there? If the picture is right there, it's Vault at fault.  If the picture is wrong there, it's a file issue and we can take it from there.

p.s. you'll only see this for Inventor files, but if Inventor files are also generating the incorrect thumbnails it's logical to assume the same fault is happening for AutoCAD files

15-10-2014 15-15-59.png

Message 3 of 8
Winks87
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Ok, checked out file (which is an autocad mech 2014 b.t.w.), went to iProperties in Explorer, the image looks correct.  The Vault however displays an image for another drawing - several files are doing this - they display the same incorrect drawing if that helps.

James Winkler
Message 4 of 8
Neil_Cross

Just out of interest, if you look at the version history tab and enable thumbnails in that area... which thumbnail do you see? Right or wrong?

Message 5 of 8
Neil_Cross

Also for the Inventor files, go to the iProperties and check what this setting is:

Thumb.png

Unfortunately I can't check what AutoCAD Mechanical options there are, I can't stand AcadM and exercised the right to replace it with vanilla/standard AutoCAD in our Product Design Suite.  

Message 6 of 8
Winks87

History tab is incorrect.  This is happening to Autocad Mech files in particular...

James Winkler
Message 7 of 8
Neil_Cross

If you create a brand spanking new AcadM drawing now, just draw a box in it or something, check that in, does it cache and show the correct thumbnail?

The only other thing I can suggest is check-out one of the files with the wrong thumbnail, create a duplicate copy of it in your workspace, rename it to Temp.dwg or something like that, then check that in and see what thumbnail the copied file gets.  That'll be a fresh new database entry for that file, if that copied file shows the correct thumbnail then I suspect there's dodgy back-end database shenanigens going on with those files.

I dunno if you'll be able to tell or not, but is there any kind of link between the picture shown in the thumbnail and the files that are showing the wrong thumbnail? Were they copied from it or used in the AcadM BOM?

Message 8 of 8
jmvanstaden29RJF

Did you ever find a solution? We have a brand new install of 2024 Vault, all the files have thumbnails but Vault does not pick them up for some reason. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report