Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault tab displays in AutoCAD 2011 but not AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cadfish1
2062 Views, 3 Replies

Vault tab displays in AutoCAD 2011 but not AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 has the "Open from Vault" command in the Quick Launch toolbar and the Vault Server menu under the Application menu but the Vault tab doesn't display but it does display AutoCAD 2011 (see attached image).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KooCheeKit
in reply to: cadfish1

Hi,

The workaround (from readme) below could resolve your issue:

Vault ribbon and toolbar may be missing when launching AutoCAD and AutoCAD based products from the same installation but using a different profile. To restore the Vault ribbon and toolbar, enter CUILOAD and load the "VaAc.cuix" file from the respective locations:

• For Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Autodesk\<product name>\R18.1\<lang>\Support
  • For Windows 7 and Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\<product name>\R18.1\<lang>\Support

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
cadfish1
in reply to: KooCheeKit

That worked, thanks much.

Is there are way replicating this setting to other workstations?  I have 20 workstations to do and would prefer not to have to lauch AM, excute cuiload then traverse my way to this file.  I found that the position to the tab is controlled by "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\Profiles\ACADMPP\Profile.aws" but control the the loading of VaAc.cuix.  The Registry doesn't seem to store it nor does a file on the hard drive (although I could have missed it somehow).  I should be able to have acaddoc.lsp do it but I'm hoping replicating the right file or creating a Registry entry would allow me to push the setting to load this menu for (VB Script or batch file).

Message 4 of 4
vanderplas73
in reply to: cadfish1

I found that the proposed solution worked, but I first had to unload the VAULT instance, and then browse and load the file. Otherwise it would just yell at me and say it was already loaded.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report