Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Server Pro 2013 Backup script problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1045 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Server Pro 2013 Backup script problem

We're using the following script to back up our Vault Pro 2013 Publisher server. (there are two subscribers in a connected workgroup setup, I'm not concerned with them here)

@ECHO OFF

ECHO --------------- Vault Backup Started: %date% %time% ---------------

RD /Q /S "V:\Vault_BU\B"

REN "V:\Vault_BU\A" "B"

MD "V:\Vault_BU\A\"

NET STOP "vault service name"

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2013\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Obackup -B"V:\Vault_BU\A" -VUadmin -VP***************

NET START "vault service name"

ECHO ----------- Local Vault Backup Completed: %date% %time% -----------

The backup has been failing to occur because this popup is interrupting the backup (see attached pic). What is the solution for this? Is there a command line switch to auto-accept this? Is forcing a replication before the backup the right thing to do? (even this seems risky, it seems one small change between replication completing and backup starting could spoil it)

Replication.PNG

Currently, the server has a Replication Event at around Midnight, this backup starts at 3am. Thanks for your aattention to this matter! I have a feeling my backup script is just a little too unrefined for our environment.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It sounds like you just need to add the -S switch to the command line. That avoids any popups.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0170-Administ170/0171-Autodesk171/0204-Command_204

Hope this helps,

Paul

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I had searched for that wiki entry, and missed it somehow. Thanks for digging it up for me, I'm sure that's all I need.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.gunn

Paul,

I am receiving the following error on backups:

Invalid command line switch '-s'

invalid-s.PNG

The command is written as follows:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2013\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Obackup -s -DBSC -B"V:\Vault_BU\A" -VUadmin -VP********

Any clarification would be great.  Until I sort this out I need to log into the server each night after hours to manually to click the prompt away. Thanks!

Edit- Does it have to be capital?  Going to retry tomorrow. 😛

This is what happens when I troubleshoot at 11PM.

Message 5 of 5
paul.gunn

Hi,

The switch is case sensitive :
Try using -S

I believe the switch is near the bottom of the wiki page as it can be used in all command lines.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report