Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Server and Datamanagement Services

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bmeraz02
7638 Views, 9 Replies

Vault Server and Datamanagement Services

Hello,

I recently obtained a student license to Autodesk Inventor Professional and downloaded the software from the Autodesk website. Even more recently I purchased a copy of an Autodesk book for the Vault and decided that I want to learn how to use it.

I have tried to follow the intrsuctions for the Vault. However when I click onthe Vault client and type in "Adminstrator" (username), "blank"(password), "localhost"(server), and 'Vault" (database). It does not let me proceed. I get an error message saying the following "Autodesk vault 2011 could not find teh Data Management Services on localhost"

After reading through the forums I have a sneaking suspicion that I do not have the Vault server nor the Data Managemnt Sercvices (not sure if they are the same). I have tried to look for these applications on teh dled software and cannot find them. I am wndering if I need to do a reinstall of inventor or if there is any other method for making this work.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
luttena
in reply to: bmeraz02

Hello. Thanks for posting. It does indeed sound like you have not installed the server on your machine (Autodesk Data Management Server). The server install is typically delivered separately from the Inventor product. 

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
bmeraz02
in reply to: luttena

Adam,

Hvae you any idea how I can go about obtaining teh Data Mangement Server? Any help on locating this would be severly appreciated

Message 4 of 10
rantisong

In previous releases,  Vault Server was in a seperate DVD delivered together with Inventor. So please check it again. If it's not there, you may contact with your reseller to get a copy for free. 

BTW, you are not be able to install the server in your current OS, since Vault Server don't support to be installed in the Home edition of Windows. You can get more details from the readme files of our product.

Regards,

Frank

Vault 2013 Wiki help is ALIVE !
Message 5 of 10
paulmichael

I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 and have a student download of the 2011 Vault and it works fine.  The download came as part of another student download as it is not offered as an individual download.but I can't remember which one it came with.  I want to get the 2012 version but I don't know where it is.  From the previous posts am I to understand that it is bundled with Inventer?

thanks

Message 6 of 10
p_younker

My problem is very similar with same error message. Inventor Pro 2011 installed on Win7 Pro 64 bit. Had Vault Server 2011 and Client 2011 installed successfuly and worked for a few days. Single user installation.

Now the Client says it can't find Data Management Services.

Any hints as to troubleshooting to resolve this problem?

Paul

Message 7 of 10
paulmichael
in reply to: paulmichael

Ok.  I downloaded the student version of Inventor and it contained the Vault software.  It is however only the client version with no data management server.  It wasn't easy but I found the download for the Vault 2012 Server here.

http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/public/item?id=16659168&siteID=11564774

I will let you know if this gets me up and functional.

Message 8 of 10
paulmichael

That did it.  I had to manually instal Microsoft IIS and it still gave one timeout error warning when installing the server but I am up and functional again witha all new 2012 versions.

Message 9 of 10
kerber.g

years later i am having the same problem. I downloaded a student version of inventor which came with vault but no server... anywhere i can download this. I'd really like to try vault.... 🙂 thanks

Message 10 of 10
gainerp
in reply to: kerber.g

Thanks for you explanation. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report