Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Server 2013 install fails on installing language packs

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mwadkins12
737 Views, 10 Replies

Vault Server 2013 install fails on installing language packs

Okay, I am having issues installing Vault Server 2013 on a local workstation. Specifically, I am frought with error 29001 "Vault management error: Could not load file or assembly 'Connectivity.Content' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied." It always pops up more than half way through installing the language packs. I attempted to roll back to 2.0.50727 (as suggested at CrackingtheVault, which worked on a 2012 server install); however, if I do that, I am met with an ASP error ("Accessing an http static file failed at URL http://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNetStatic.txt") and cannot get past the Pre-check. 

I am running out of ideas on what can be done to rectify the issue so that I can get Vault Server installed; I'm between a rock and a hard place. Any ideas and insight would be greatly appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: mwadkins12

Please take a look at this thread and see if the solution highlighted there helps you or not.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-general-discussion/help-error-29001-during-vault-2013-upgrade/t...

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 11
mwadkins12
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I have attempted that and have gone through the advanced configuration guide (and used the guide's IIS settings) but I am still greeted with a Error 29001 (attached). 

Message 4 of 11
mwadkins12

QED: I also attached a copy of the log file. 

So far, I have:
*Reconfigured/Reinstalled the IIS (per Advanced Config PDF)
*Attempted to roll the Application Pool from .NET v4 to v2 > Recieve "ASPX file failed ro run at URL: http://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx"
*Disabled Anti-virus
*Scoured Cracking The Vault for answers

*Submitted tickets with both internal IT and our reseller

*Attempted IGNORE_FAILURE addition to setup.ini

I have installed Vault Server probably 10-12 times before across different computers in the past, but this one refuses to install. It has been two weeks since I have started to try the install of ADMS and I have not found a solid answer anywhere that will solve this issue.

Is there a backdoor method of disabling the install of the Language Packs?

Message 5 of 11
Neil_Cross

You're getting error 1603 in the logs, that's usually a rights issue. Apologies if you've been through all this but check this page: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484?wa=wsignin1.0 And http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1... I assume you're logged in as a full administrator whilst installing? Sometimes in the past for me it's been necessary to copy the entire Vault Server installation media into a sub-folder on the root of C: and then right click the setup.exe and Run As Administrator. Look at the above posts, specifically regarding the SYSTEM user account rights. If you've tried all this, feedback here and I'll try think of something else.
Message 6 of 11
mwadkins12
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Yes, I have full Admin rights and I am even running the setup as Admin as well. I have also copied the files from the USB to the C:\ drive to only be met with the same  end result. I have also changed the NtfsDiable8dot3NameCreation value with no luck as well.

I have also even attempted to install off of one of our other Install Design Suite USBs in the odd chance that something on my USB was (somehow) corrupt, however that made no difference.

Message 7 of 11
Neil_Cross

What operating system are you installing onto? 32bit 64bit? Home version or Pro version? Is the PC on a domain and logged in with domain account or local account?

Message 8 of 11
mwadkins12

Its a Windows 7 Enterprise x64 pc with a domain controlled account login.

Message 9 of 11
Neil_Cross

I don't particularly want to run through a load more suggestions that you've probably already tried, I've no doubt you've ran out of patience with this by now.

As you're installing this on a Windows 7 PC, is this going to be a test Vault of some sort?

I haven't had that much bother with the ADMS install since the days of 2008/2009 ADMS but what I used to do if there was absolutely no way past it, I found it quicker and more time efficient to completely blat the operating system and install Windows again from scratch.  10 times out of 10 it went on straight away and saved the bother.

Alternatively, if it's a test Vault, buy an external HDD or a new internal HDD and run it on a virtual machine.  You then get the benefits of being able to create VM snapshots for rollback during Vault testing.

I'm sure you'd rather get to the bottom of this error but I'm thinking about what's going to be more time efficient for you.

Message 10 of 11
mwadkins12

Well, after about 3-1/2 hours of work; our Autodesk reseller tech finally managed to install Vault server and avoided the "Access Denied" error that I was receiving. Sadly, with the constant back and forth, reboots and changes that were made; I have no clue what actual steps were required to complete the install/fix the problem and I cannot post a solution on here for others that may come across this problem in the future. 

Message 11 of 11
Neil_Cross

Ahh that's a shame but at least it's sorted.  Those type of problems kinda do need to be tackled on the PC with as you said, constant tinkering with everything and anything until it works.  Which is almost impossible to do via a forum! 

Glad you got it sorted in the end though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report