Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Revision Table taking over.... mild rant alert.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
363 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Revision Table taking over.... mild rant alert.

Vault Pro 2013 and Inventor Pro 2013....

Since the day that I chose to enable the Vault Revision Table, every IV drawing that I have checked in, even if I have not used the Vault Revision Table on it... has taken on the characteristics of the Vault Revision table... in other words,.... on checking in drawings that were made and revised prior to this switch, all revisions DISAPPEAR from the drawing! 

I understand that with the new revision table, only "released" revisions show up... but why should it wipe clean all of my legacy revision tables, which were created using a revision table style created long before this even existed?  It doesn't even have the same properties!  But it wiped them clean anyway.  One day I'm at revision 3... I check it into the Vault,... BAM... empty revision table.

Not happy about this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xavier_dumont1
in reply to: cbenner

Hi,

200% agree with you. It's not useable for people who works since many years with Inventor and start to use Vault.

Unhappy too...

Message 3 of 3
mbodnar
in reply to: cbenner

I am seeing a similar thing here but with new rev tables created/integrated with new drawing templates

In the rev table I have 3 values that the designer fills in and the other 3 that approvers fill in

When we fill in the first 3 values thru Inventor (ie. datacards) all is OK until I push it to the next state (for review) and the JP temporarily wipes the values from the rev table (if I open the drawing, I can see blue cells over the values I typed in)

If the approver then fills the info using Edit properties, and change state to Released, the JP does what it is meant to

I think the rev table integration workflow is flawed and does not allow enough flexibility for the designer to fill in the values when they are completing the drawing.

I dont think many are likely to use it at all the way it currently works

To cbenner

In the revision table there is an option "Update latest revision only", have you tried running with this option to see if it makes any difference? It hasnt in my case. I did have a client describe exactly your issue and we turned the revision table integration off for now

Max Bodnar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report