Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Replication - Content Center Libraries

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lancasterm
266 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Replication - Content Center Libraries

I have a Vault Pro 2014 system that is being replicated to two other Vault servers located in other countries.  Is there a fast way of placing the content center libraries on the other two servers without replicating them across the WAN.  When I access the ADMS console on the other two servers, the attach/import library options is greyed out.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Lancasterm

Certainly can't be done by using standard Vault product features, they are subscriber sites.  

Earlier this year I had to do something similar with the actual Vault database as it was too big to replicate over a very high latency line and a distance of 10,500 miles (Australia -> UK).

Briefly summarised, this is the method I conjured up during an extensive testing phase and I found to be the fastest and most effective way, I imagine this would also work with the CC libraries:

1. Allow the publisher to build the snapshot of the database

2. Delete the subscription for that db on the subscriber

3. This is the tricky part, robocopy the snapshot from the publisher to the subscriber.  In my case, this took 6 hours to copy a ~13GB database snapshot, the SQL agent couldn't complete this replication and I had to abort after waiting 7 days

4. Manually recreate the subscription on the subscriber using the -altsnapshotfolder switch to find the locally stored snapshot instead of pulling it from the publisher

The company I did this for didn't utilise the standard CC libraries so the last thing I did was to set those off to replicate normally... if that took weeks to complete it didn't matter as they wouldn't have been used.  The above method is totally unsupported but when the supported methods don't work there's not much choice left, providing it's thoroughly tested and verified to be successful. 

Apologies in advance as I don't know what level you're at with regards to SQL and Vault etc, but if the above steps make no sense and you've no idea what I'm talking about I'd highly recommend not even trying it! Just out of interest, why don't you want to replicate them using the normal methods?

Message 3 of 3
Lancasterm
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Neil

Thanks for the info.  I was just looking to see if there was another way in accomplish this (for future reference).  The libraries are already replicated...

Thanks again..

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report