Vault General Discussion

Valued Contributor
jdow
Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vault Professional and File to Application Associations

190 Views, 1 Replies
11-15-2012 07:20 AM

I have a Vault Pro 2013 client installed with all the viewers, but NO CAD software (i.e. Inventor).

From the Windows file explorer when I double-click or RMB and select Open on an Inventor .ipt file it opens in Inventor View as you would expect.  From the same computer, when in the Vault client I select an Inventor .ipt file and select Open it wants to open the file using Inventor.  It actually gives me an error stating that Inventor is not installed on this computer.

So my question is...Is this designed behavior?  Does Vault have internal file to application associations versus Windows in this situation?

Thanks,

John

JD

Hi John,

Vault Explorer assumes that a double-click on an Inventor file means that the user is going to edit the file and therefore a full version of Inventor is needed.  The View in will launch Inventor View.

If you would like this to change, please create a post on our IdeaStation.

Thansk

Board Manager
ihayesjr
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: Vault Professional and File to Application Associations

11-15-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: jdow

Hi John,

Vault Explorer assumes that a double-click on an Inventor file means that the user is going to edit the file and therefore a full version of Inventor is needed.  The View in will launch Inventor View.

If you would like this to change, please create a post on our IdeaStation.

Thansk

Irvin Hayes Jr
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.