Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2015 licensing info and installation without NLM?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tnadeau23413
352 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Professional 2015 licensing info and installation without NLM?

I have a client that is looking to get Vault Professional 2015 installed on their network, however I have run into a few issues while getting this installed for them.

First, is Vault Professional included in Product Design Suite Ultimate? I'm seeing that Vault Basic is, however, Vault Basic is included in pretty much everything, and I'm not finding any documentation online that states which version of PDS comes with Vault Professional, if any come with it in the first place.

Second, my client has all standalone licenses, yet when I attempt to install Vault Professional 2015, it asks for an NLM, which, obviously, they don't have. Is there a way to get this installed without an NLM?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: tnadeau23413

To setup a license server, all the steps are noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

To find out if Vault Pro is included in PDS, I will move this to the Vault forums.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: david.lau

Vault Pro is a separate purchase

Vault basic is what comes with Product Design Suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: tnadeau23413

@tnadeau23413 wrote:

Second, my client has all standalone licenses, yet when I attempt to install Vault Professional 2015, it asks for an NLM, which, obviously, they don't have. Is there a way to get this installed without an NLM?

Thanks.

read this: Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Professional require licenses. You must install the Autodesk Network License Manager to configure and manage the license for these Vault servers.

Install the Autodesk Network License Manager

Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Vault Professional have a licensing feature called the Autodesk Network License Manager. This feature allows you to configure and manage the license servers. The Autodesk Network License Manager is used by other Autodesk products to manage license servers.

Note: If you are installing the Autodesk Vault Basic server, you do not need to install or configure the network licensing manager.

If you are installing FLEXnet on Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7, IPv6 is enabled by default. Refer to knowledge base article Autodesk TS1101507 for information on using the Autodesk Network License Manager with IPv6.

Install the Network License Manager for Vault

1. From the installation screen, click Install Tools and Utilities.
  2. On the Select the Products to Install page, select Autodesk Network License Manager and click Next.
  3. Review the Autodesk software license agreement for your country or region. Accept this agreement to proceed with the installation. Choose your country or region, click I Accept, and then click Next.

If you do not agree to the terms of the license and want to terminate the installation, click Cancel.

4. On the Review - Configure - Install page, review your product selection and the current settings. If you do not want to change anything, click Install. If you want to change the install type or installation path, click Configure.
    Note: The license server does not have to be the same server as the Vault server. If a different server is used, choose the configure button when installing the Vault server to select the server to use as the license manager.
  5. On the Select the Installation Type page, select Typical or Custom. Accept the default installation path (C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\), or Browse to specify a different path. If you enter a path that does not exist, a new folder is created using the name and location you provide. Click Next.
    Caution: Do not install the Network License Manager on a remote drive. When you install the Network License Manager files, provide a path to a local drive. Specify the drive letter; the universal naming convention (UNC) is not permitted.
  6. On the Configuration Complete page, click Configuration Complete to return to the confirmation page.
  7. On the Review - Configure - Install page, click Install.
  8. When the Installation Complete page displays, click Finish.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report