Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2015 could not find the Data Management Services on [server]

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lauris
1600 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Professional 2015 could not find the Data Management Services on [server]

Hello!

There are a few topics like this, but in my case I have just installed both - server and client for test purposes in office, and haven't been able to get the client connected once. 

So I did everything by the manual to install the Vault professional 2015 server one a desktop computer with windows 8.1 64bit, and Vault Professional 2015 client on my laptop with Win8 Pro 64bit. When trying to connect to server, I get the notorious message:

untitled 2.PNG

Checked all the suggestions about this problem:

- disabled the firewall, and  traced the server computer:

Capture3.PNG

Checked if SQL server is running:

Capture4.PNG

Checked if the port 80 is available on client and server computers:

It appears that it is being used by ''system'', so does it mean I should somehow specifically grant it for Vault, or it's fine this way?

Capture5.PNG

And so I ran out of possible problems to check, maybe you have any Ideas or experience on this problem? 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: lauris

1st check to see if the vault server opens correctly

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

we had issues trying to get the vault pro 2015 server to run on Win 8/8.1

autodesk does not support this configuration

we had to download/install sql server express 2012 and set this up following the advanced config guide

and then install the ADSM console to get it to work on Win 8/8.1

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
lauris
in reply to: DarrenP

How do I check that?

So far I'm judging just from the management console, that the server should be running 😄

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6
minkd

Vault Client / Server communication occurs over http/tcp/ip, so the only useful information you can get via ping or traceroute (which use icmp/ip) is the name resolution. A better way to check connectivity is with a web-browser.  What do you see if you try to go to http://master-pc/AutodeskDM/Services/InformationService.svc in a web-browser?

The ADMS-Console communicates directly to SQL for most operations.  However, the fact that you can login to it means the AUTODESKVAULT SQL instance is running.  It does not necessarily mean that the ADMS is running - ADMS runs under IIS.   The ADMS-Console does use http/tcp/ip for things like the Tools >> Administration dialog. I'm guesing that if you try to bring up that dialog from ADMS-Console you will see similar errors.

Make sure IIS is running, and try the URL above from the client machine.  The result can help narrow down whether there is a firewall issue or an IIS configuration issue.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
lauris

Ooookay... 

Fortunately it was a simple problem - I didn't quite turn off the firewall on the server computer Smiley LOL 

Disabled the firewall entirely, and it connected instantly:

Capture pēc firewall diseiblošanas.PNG

So now I just have to learn how to make an exception in forewall properly 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report