Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2013 few questions

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ktelang
457 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Professional 2013 few questions

Hello,

I read somewhere in the discussions : user limits, unique filenames

We are moving from vault basic to vault pro 2013

1. Is there a limit of 10 users on the SQL express with Vault

2. Productstream is included or is vault Pro 2013 then, In old days I think unique filenames off option was a problem

is that still a problem.

As we have one project file for all our projects inside vault. We have unique filename option off.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config :: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64bit win7
Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Ktelang

No there is not a 10 user limit with SQL Express, there is a database size limit though.  And you can't use Vault replication with SQL Express.  The 10 user limit is probably with reference to running a Vault from a desktop PC using Windows XP or 7.

Vault Pro is Productstream.  Productstream was broken down into 3 different products, Workgroups, Collaboration and Pro.  Pro is everything. 

There's no problems with unique file names settings, however you'd be mad to use Vault with unique filenames off.  The last thing you want is 50+ files in the Vault all called Part1.ipt.

Message 3 of 5
Ktelang
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thanks Neil

I agree that I do not want same filenames in one project

But in some case example : AA-01 is aluminum angle in Project 1 as well as Project 2

That was my concern, will Vault Pro still distiguish those links, as in Vault Pro- Project 1 & 2 will be

sharing the same vault project file

Message 4 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Ktelang

Yep with Vault you're supposed to only use one project file, you organise your projects using folders within the Vault all sat underneath one project file.  To share parts across projects isn't a problem, just create AA-01 and stick it into a library folder in Vault.  

I don't mean to underestimate your skills or knowledge, but if you're not 100% sure how it works perhaps it would be wise to have someone experienced come in and implement Vault for you? I've seen Vault go tradgically wrong in companies that have tried to do it themselves without understanding the best practices!

Message 5 of 5
Ktelang
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thank you again for prompt reply..

I am not a thorough experienced user of Vault Pro. But we are using Vault basic in our company as of now and everything seems to work fine. We are planning to move to Vault Pro so I started digging around and this thread is the byproduct of the questions which came to my mind after that research.

The AA-01 in Project 1 is not necessarily identical to AA-01 in Project 2 so my question might be wrongly worded, sorry for that, Library stuff is not which will work for us in this specific example. I think I got my answer in your post before ,"There's no problems with unique file names settings"

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report