Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro log in auto fill delete?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JRW.BGB.USA
914 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Pro log in auto fill delete?

Hi, I have just moved my Vaults and made some name changes with new server locations but when I log in to my vault client I still see the old locations in the autofill drop down box for Server and Vault. How can I remove these to create a tidy log in enviroment?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RonnieWilkins
in reply to: JRW.BGB.USA

The login history is located at: "C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\LoginHistory.xml"

Make a backup copy of the file...

You can open the file in NotePad, or even better NotePad++ and manually modify entries.

However, be careful to not muck up the XML structure.

On a side note,

Most likely any shortcuts, saved searches, and/or view modifications (selected columns) will no longer be visible due to servername / vault name change.

You can manually modify the folder names to match new server/vault names.  These objects are found under subdirectories of the LoginHistory.xml file location.

FYI: Manual Changes are probably not support by Autodesk, but everything is plain text.

Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.
Message 3 of 5
JRW.BGB.USA
in reply to: RonnieWilkins

Brilliant answer! I couldn't of found that by myself. Thank you Ronnie
Message 4 of 5
clastrilla
in reply to: RonnieWilkins

Great tip!

Is there a way to make Windows Authentication the default selection?

Even if I modify the LoginHistory.xml file to put in the right credentials (i.e. Servername\username), it still defaults to Vault Authentication. The user still has to drop-down and choose Windows Authentication.

Message 5 of 5
clastrilla
in reply to: clastrilla

Found it. If you edit "C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 20xx\ApplicationPreferences.xml"

You can set the server name, database name and Selected Authentication to 1 (1 - Windows Account, 0 - Vault Account).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report