Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro Install Cant connect to SQL

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jjarrettcad
502 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Pro Install Cant connect to SQL

Here is the scenario…

I currently have a Production Vault and a Dev vault both are Vault Pro 2013. Both use a remote SQL server. These are both SQL 2008 Full. I have created two more servers as VMs. These are for learning purposes.

With that the one machine will have SQL Express on it. Money savings. I have gone and installed SQL per the Advanced Configuration Guide. I then go to the other server and start the install for ADMS. I put the locations for the remote SQL server in and the share. I am using the default usernames and passwords per the Advanced Guide.

This is the message I get consistently:

Failed connecting to SQL server-

`server=”Servername”\AUTODESKVAULT;user

Id=sa;password=*****;`

I am at a loss why this will not work. I have checked the Firewall settings against the Dev servers. Checked the settings in SQL to make sure the users setup correctly.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
samuel.seah
in reply to: jjarrettcad

Some things to check:

1. Have you enabled the Name Pipes and TCP/IP option in the SQL Configuration Manager for the machine with SQL Express? SQLConfigMgr.jpg
  2. Using the SQL Management Studio in your Production/Dev vault environment, are you able to connect to the machine with SQL Express?

-Samuel

Message 3 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: samuel.seah

In addition, make sure that the SQL Browser service is running and set to Automatic for starting up.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 4
jjarrettcad
in reply to: ihayesjr

thanks both of you for your help. i was able to continue on and get the system installed.

thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report