Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro and Vault Basic

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
754 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Pro and Vault Basic

We have been using Vault Basic for several releases and have now upgraded to Vault Pro. In order to minimize the amount of interuptions of my vault users, I would like to first upgrade the ADMS from Vault basic to Vault Pro then upgrade the clients to Pro.

Question is will the clients be able to acces the ADMS server and the vault files if they are using Vault Basic while the ADMS is Vault Pro?  Sure, I know that they wont be able to use the features of Vault Pro until the client is upgraded.  It seems like they should, but I didnt want to shut everyone down while I was upgrading each client.

Thanks

Kirk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kirk,

No, the Vault Basic client will not be able to connect to the Vault Pro server.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: ihayesjr

this is due to licensing of vault pro

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ryan
in reply to: karthur1

The CAD addins will connect but Vault Explorer will not.  

I would deploy the Vault Explorer from the Professional installer to the clients and just leave it unused until the server is upgraded to Pro.

From the readme;

The Vault 2014 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2012 release and Vault 2013 release clients which match the Vault edition of ADMS.

The Vault 2014 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2012 release or Vault 2013 release Add-ins.

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report