Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro & Sharepoint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
496 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Pro & Sharepoint

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
jas25t
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

After a bit of searching for the same information, I saw that you've since implemented your own integrated sharepoint & Vault system.

Is it possible for you to share your experience and answer your own question?

--------------------------------
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: jas25t

Hello!

Yes, we have implemented this integration, though at this time we're still debating internally on what the best use for it will be.  We're looking at creating SharePoint pages for all of our Projects.  These pages would then contain links or lists for all of the project documentation from various sources including specs, emails, cut sheets and brochures, calculations etc.  Then there would also be Vault lists linking to the latest drawings in the Vault.  We're playing with a test project right now to see if this is what everyone will agree on.

One shortcoming we have found, is that we use the Item Master to control life cycles, and use the Watermark to show the current state of the Item.  Currently SharePoint will not show this watermark,... so that's a stumbling block I have yet to find a work around for.  Autodesk is aware of this, and well aware of my feelings on the issue.  😉

As to how the integration went, I did a 4 part article for Design & Motion on this last summer and posted the links on my blog here.

Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.  Please start new threads, though, for new questions, so future readers can find them if they do a search.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
jas25t
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the link Chris.

I will be sure to have a read of it in my (little) spare time.

Jason

--------------------------------
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report