Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2015 to Pro 2015 R2 Licensing failure

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eric.mathews
491 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Pro 2015 to Pro 2015 R2 Licensing failure

I recently upgraded from Vault Pro 2015 to Vault Pro 2015 R2. I can log in with the thin client. I am unable to obtain a license with any thick client from 2013 to 2015 R2. I've read in another post that there is a configuration error in the license manger if no license can be obtained. I've gone step-by-step through the license manager help/setup and still am unable to obtain a license from a thick client. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
minkd
in reply to: eric.mathews

What error do you see in the AVFS-log when you try to login from the thick client?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
eric.mathews
in reply to: minkd

It looks like error 319. Is it possible I didn't give a license server prior to the upgrade/installation? While still in server 2015 R1, I had no issues with licensing. If I didn't set the license server, what is required to set it now?

9/9/2014 1:41:22 PM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635458668828016118 )
Exception: LicensingError [319] (20)
Stacktrace:    at Connectivity.Filestore.Licensing.LicenseCheckOut(Int64 userId, String username, Byte[] p)
   at Connectivity.Filestore.AuthenticationService.CreateSession(AuthCredentials creds, String dataServer, String knowledgeVault, Boolean isLicensed, Byte[] p)
   at Connectivity.Web.Filestore.v19.AuthService.SignInAltLicense(String dataServer, String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVault, Byte[] p)
   at SyncInvokeSignInAltLicense(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Message 4 of 5
minkd
in reply to: eric.mathews

In the install directory, there is a file called LICPATH.lic which should look something like:

SERVER license_manager_hostname 000000000000
    USE_SERVER

Change "license_manager_hostname" to the name of the host where the license manager is running.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
eric.mathews
in reply to: minkd

You are the man! It was pointing to the wrong server. I must have fat fingered it.

Thank you,

Eric....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report