Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2015 SP1 still no watermark on Items - Thin Client

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
cbenner
1191 Views, 12 Replies

Vault Pro 2015 SP1 still no watermark on Items - Thin Client

As the Subject says.  Tried this in Chrome and IE.  No watermark showing on Items viewed in Thin Client.  Can anyone else try this and see if it is the same on your systems?  

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
r.smith1
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris, 

Can you share a screen shot of the item in the thick and thin clients side by side showing that the watermark appears in the thick client, but does not appear in thin please?  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
zongjie.ng

Hi Chris,

I have just tested, but it is working for me. Therefore, as requested, please provide us with screenshots on what you are seeing.

Some things you can try:

1. Ensuring that the related files have dwf published

2. Try updating the items

Could you also update me on the administrative settings that you currently have.

Thank you

Message 4 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: zongjie.ng
Message 5 of 13
ihayesjr

Chris,

I am seeing watermarks on my server using the Thin Client

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

Message 7 of 13
ihayesjr

No, it doesn't require Vault Office and there are no other settings. Can you attach a screen shot of the Thin Client About box?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 9 of 13
Neil_Cross

Chris,

My Vault 2015 thin client is version 19.1.13.0 after installing the service pack:

SP.png

Your version is 19.0 which suggests you've possibly not service packed the ADMS?

Message 10 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Well, I sure as %#@&!! thought I did.  Came in early for it last week.  Heavy, heavy sigh.  I got no errors, and everything certainly seemed to run just fine.  I must be losing my mind.  That would explain why it isn't working though!

Message 11 of 13
Neil_Cross

Smiley Very Happy haha yea although the Readme document will likely state the client and server must be patched at the same time, you can still connect to a SP0 server from a SP1 client with no visual feedback.  I've no doubt there'll be some conflicts with doing that, somewhere, but on face value there's no clear and immediate feedback that you're out of sync with the patches.

I'd personally love it if they did give visual feedback that client and server service packs are not in sync, it would certainly help in a large office when you can't be sure who has what.  Probably like many others, our IT team deploy a standard operating system image out to new starters, an image that was built way before the service packs came out.  And needless to say we don't all get informed when there's a new starter so they're always given an old client version... they've no idea, and I've no idea until I get a report of a bug that was addressed by the SP they don't have!

The app manager in 2015 will hopefully help with that, if it's in an environment where you're happy for users to install service packs without you testing them first.  But that wouldn't help still with the ADMS being at a lower patch level Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Ok....

Either I have gone completely senile, or something simply did not go right the first time through.  I ran the service pack again, and this time it did a whole bunch of stuff I didn't see the last time (assuming I didn't imagine the last time).  Thin client watermarks are now showing as they should, with the exception of when I view them from IE on the server console.... but that is ok, because no one ever does that!  😄

Thanks everyone!

Message 13 of 13
cbenner

Ressurecting this thread because I am updating procedures, and when I got to this section I walked through it one more time... and I STILL have no watermarks on Thin Client Items!  Now, I know I'm getting old and forgetful so I did a Screencast of this so maybe you all can look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report