Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2015 R2 Thin Client Administration Access

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Rag3.b1t
377 Views, 10 Replies

Vault Pro 2015 R2 Thin Client Administration Access

I have been trying to get administrator access to the thin client for Vault Pro 2015 R2.  I have access to read only on the thin client.  I keep getting the following message when trying to login with read/write access:

Login Failed

Failed to acquire a license.

I see there is a ****. hotfix for Vault Pro 2015.  Is there a hotfix for R2?

Thanks,

Brian

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: Rag3.b1t

when you log into the webclient with read/write access

it is looking for a Vault Office license which is a separate product/purchase

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Rag3.b1t

I am just trying to view .dwf files from Inventor.  I have attached a picture of the issue.

This is in the readme file for the Cumulative Hotfix 2 for Vault Pro 2015

Cumulative Hotfix 2 Updates

1. Autodesk Thin Client was not validating passwords correctly when the Read Only option was unchecked.

Thanks,

Brian

Message 4 of 11
ihayesjr

Brauls,

As an Administrator, you can log in Read-only and from your login name in the upper right corner you can go into the Administrative settings.

However, If the Inventer file doesn't have a DWF file attached, you will not see a DWF file in the thick client or the Thin Client.  This isn't an administrative setting that can be turned on or off.  Most likely your Inventor file doesn't have an associated DWF file.

Unchecking the Read-Only option requires a purchase of Vault Office which enables a Thin Client user to check in\out files from the Thin Client.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 11
Rag3.b1t
in reply to: ihayesjr

The issue is that my Designs folder with all my files is not showing up in the Thin Client.  See attached picture.

Message 6 of 11
ihayesjr

Check the security on the Design's folder.  Most likely that is the cause of the problem.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
Rag3.b1t

I have checked the security settings on the Folder and it is set to role-based security.  See attached picture.

Message 8 of 11
Rag3.b1t

The files are available for viewing but no Design folder is showing up in the Thin Client
Message 9 of 11
ihayesjr

Is there a lifecycle associated to the folder?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 11
ihayesjr

Can you also verify that you are connecting to the same server? Meaning the Thin Client is connecting to the same server as the Thick client.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11
Rag3.b1t

The issue was with the security seettings.  I temporally changed the security to System of overidden security from Role-based security only.  The folder then showed up for all users in the thin client.

Thanks for your help ihayesjr!

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report