Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2014 Data Standard extension - setting it up

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mark.cloyed
705 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Pro 2014 Data Standard extension - setting it up

I am trying to test the data standards extension for VP2014, specifically with AutoCAD.  I am struggling with how to get it set up within the AutoCAD context.  I did not see an AutoCAD.cfg file included with the download, so I have copied one from another's Inventor post.  I am questioning whether it is correct.  I also am questioning how to initialize the functionality within AutoCAD.  Do I need to netload a component?  is there a partial menu to load?  I see the help refers to a ribbon tab to enable the data standard, but I don't see where that comes from to load.  I am attaching my AutoCAD.cfg file for reference.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mthomas
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Mark,

There should be three installers as part of the Data Standard download. For the AutoCAD components you need to install the AutoCAD using the specific MSI. This should both create the .cfg and the menu items into AutoCAD.

If you've installed this I'd re-download and re-install

The AutoCAD.cfg should be in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2014\Extensions\DataStandard\CAD\Configuration

Mike 

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: mthomas

Thanks Mike. That was the solution. Life is good!

Mark
Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report