Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2013 SP1 with 2012 clients?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ndra
196 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Pro 2013 SP1 with 2012 clients?

Hello,

We have a deployment of Autodesk Vault Pro 2013, with many 2012 CAD and Vault clients. Will applying the SP1 on the server for 2013 break connectivity with 2012 clients? Should I also install 2012 SP2?

Is this a supported scenario?

I couldn't find any notes regarding this on the current documentation.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nikos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: ndra

Hi Nikos,

Installing the service pack should not affect the ability of 2012 clients to connnect.

Paul

Message 3 of 4
ndra
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hi Paul,

Thanks.I'll also check this on my test environment, hopefully it is as you say. I find it odd that it's not documented somewhere.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: ndra

It will definitely connect and most things *should* work, but the relevant configuration that was tested prior to release of the service packs involved 2012 SP2 clients working with a 2013 SP1 server.  And since "supported" means "tested", if you do have any issues the first thing product support is likely to ask you to do is to install the 2012 SP2 on the clients.

Therefore, I recommend that you deploy the 2012 SP2 to the clients reasonably soon after installing the 2013 SP1 on the server.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report