Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2013 Office Client Issue (working folder mismatch)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jsprigg
868 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Pro 2013 Office Client Issue (working folder mismatch)

Howdy,

We've recently upgraded all of our Autodesk products from 2012 to 2013 (Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault Pro).

Aside from the crazy poor performance from Vault (we've applied patches etc...) we have an office client issue. 

The working folder as set by the Vault Pro Client is not translating over to the Office Client.  The office client is still looking in the default C:\Users\username\Documents\Vault\.... folder while our Vault Client is looking in our C:\_Vault Working Folder\ folder.

Is there a new 'feature' in 2013 I'm not aware about that could be causing this?

- Jeff

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DannyvanDuijn2
in reply to: jsprigg

Hi Jeff,

Is your working folder set as a 'Consistent Working Folder' by the Administrator?

If no, how do you set your Working Folder?

Danny

Message 3 of 8
jsprigg
in reply to: DannyvanDuijn2

Howdy Danny,

Thanks for the reply.

Our working folder isn't setup as a consistent working folder. 

We were having disk space issues on some of the computers here, so we disabled the consistent working folder feature so that we could point to a secondary hard drive as need be.

Cheers,

- Jeff

Message 4 of 8
DannyvanDuijn2

Jeff,

If you're not using a consistent working folder, how do you set your working folder then?

Setting it manually by each workstation or do you distribute the settings by a XML file?

The setting is stored in a local xml file. Is this file accessible?

Danny

Message 5 of 8
jsprigg

Danny,

To set our working folder, in the vault pro browser we right-click on the "Project Explorer ($)" folder, select properties and click on "Change..." under the Working Folder option.

Where can I find this local XML file?

Many thanks,

- Jeff

Message 6 of 8
DannyvanDuijn2

Jeff,

To set the working folder you must use the menu of Vault :

File > Set WorkingFolder. See the attached image.

The 'Workingfolders.xml' is located at (Win7):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_6_29_2011\servername\Vaults\<vaultname>\Objects

Try to set the workingfolder first before editing the xml.

Danny

Message 7 of 8
jsprigg

Hello Danny,

I tried that - it was also pointing to the correct Working Folder ("E:\_Vault Working Folder"). 

Out of curiosity I changed it to something else, and then back to this but I still have a mismatch between the Office Client and the Vault browser.

The XML file 'looks' ok - it's pointing to the correct path.  I think I'll try uninstalling the Office plugins and then reinstall them.

- Jeff

Message 8 of 8
jsprigg

Eureka!

Our IT guy left our Vault Pro 2012 program installed (I didn't notice until now).  I'm thinking the two don't play nice.

I've uninstalled both and have reinstalled 2013 including the service pack.

Many thanks!

Cheers,

- Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report