Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2013 could not find the Data Management Services on SERVERNAME.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
travistwinter
2353 Views, 14 Replies

Vault Pro 2013 could not find the Data Management Services on SERVERNAME.

Im working at a company that has been using Inventor and Vault for a number of years and has just upgraded to 2013 about a week ago.

Everything has been working fine, but yesterday halfway through the day as i was checking in some DXFs, the vault crashed and gave the above error when we tryed to sign in on any of the computers.

Our techy rebooted the server and it seemed to sort it out, but then i tryed to check in the dxfs again and its crashed and done the same thing.

Our server has been slow for a couple of days and im wondering if 2013 Vault is temperamental when dealing with DXFs and if the server just couldnt handle a vault spaz.

I dont have access to the server myself, so i cant do any of the checks that are mentioned in other similar threads, and although the reboot worked before, its still a problem checking in new DXF's so is there any way to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
olearya
in reply to: travistwinter

HI Travis,

This sounds a little concerning - the only obvious correlation I can think of is file size - are your DXF files typically larger than say your idw documents?  

In any case we really need access to the server logs to diagnose this, both event viewer logs and the ADMS console logs.  Information like the database size, disk space, version of SQL and server specs is all useful in diagnosing the problem.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 15
mollons

What are the steps you follow to check in a DWF file?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 15

All Fixed! 😄

It turns out it was the guys up at head office doing stuff with the server without telling us.

As to previous questions, our DXFs are only of individual parts and so generally are about 200-300kb, so they definitely wasnt to big.

And i tryed first to checkin the DXFs by adding files in vault, and the second time i tryed checking in through ACAD

But all good now 🙂

Thanks Heaps for responding so quickly, its good to know the support is there for the future 🙂

Travis

Message 5 of 15

Ok, so the dxf problem is still happening.

Even with dxfs that have been in vault, checked out and then going to check them back in again, it wont have a bar of it.

Any suggestions or similar problems reported?

Thanks again for any support in this matter

Message 6 of 15

Also Its not to do with DXF Versions because i just tried checking in a 2013 DXF and recieved the same error

PS Ive attached the message i get when the DXF fails to check in

Message 7 of 15
mollons

I'll take look at this let you know what we find out.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 8 of 15

Thanks mate, much thanks for your time

Message 9 of 15

I am able to check-in the DXF without any issue. So I may need a copy of your DXF file to try. Is it possible for you to send it to me at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 10 of 15

just sent it through 🙂

Message 11 of 15

😄 ok, fixed all up.

We installed a Hotfix as described on the attached document

Thanks once again for your support in this matter

Travis

Message 12 of 15

Is your DXF Check-in problem solved by this Hotfix?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15

It has indeed 🙂

On-ya Autodesk! 😛

Message 14 of 15

Glad to hear that it works for you.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 15

Ok, for some reason the problem is back and we cant check in DXFs again... exact same description as previous problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report