Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2011 Windows Authentication is causing regular lockouts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
602 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Pro 2011 Windows Authentication is causing regular lockouts

I saw the following thread and though it was going to be the answer.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-Collaboration-timeout-causes-AD-locking/m-p/27862...

Unfortunately, it is not.  These lockouts are occurring on a regular basis now, and is causing management to reconsider using seperate Vault IDs. (which would be a big pain for both IT and users who have to remember yet another set of credentials)  The common intigating factor seems to be the client being left open and allowed to time out. Then, the user clicking in the interface a few times (like on Saved Searches) before receiving a notification that they have been logged out. (why doesn't the client just log itself out?)

Earlier today, a user had Vault client and a checked out Word document open.  Vault locked him out while he was AFK, and when he returned, he had been locked out of AD. When I unlocked his AD account the Vault client let him in, but Word would NOT.  Every time he tried to log back into Vault through word (while he had an operating Vault cleint open) it would instantly lock out is AD account again.

What's going on here?  If I can tweak Group Policy to reduce the occurance of this I will, but it seems that vault makes multiple retries when it should know better.  As a data point, so far this error is only occurring on machines with Autodesk CAD products installed. machines with only vault haven't noticed this error yet. (it hasn't been thouroughly tested however)

(Vault Server is SP2 and all clients are all SP2 with the AD fix and TS1110607 installed)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: Anonymous

BSchubring, is ts15707410 installed on the workstations as well?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15803692&linkID=9261341

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

They do not, thanks for pointing out that hotfix. I'll install it and test over the next few days.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That seems to have worked! Vault now properly re-acquires a license after an idle timeout and I haven't noticed any lockouts. I'll update this if there's any change.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report