Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2011 landing page will not update?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
BSchubring
848 Views, 11 Replies

Vault Pro 2011 landing page will not update?

Hi, I'm running Vault Pro 2011 15.2.66.0 on Server 2008 R2, and I'm attempting to modify the landing page.  I have found the correct path, ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 2011\Server\Web\Services\VaultHTML\pages ), but regardless of the changes I make to LandingPage.htm, the changes are not appearing in the client.  I have tried restarting ADMS, IIS, the Vault Client, and I keep getting the same default Vault landing page despite the fact that i have actually moved the content it is displaying completely out of their original folders.

What have I missed?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
BSchubring
in reply to: BSchubring

An update to this question, I have seen this change appear on two clients, but not all clients.  One client was a first time connect.  The other was a long standing user. 

Message 3 of 12
ihayesjr

On the client that do not work, open Internet Explorer and clear the temporay internet files.

See if that fixes it for you.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: ihayesjr

i am having the same problem to

the only thing not showing up is I added a new logo on the landing page

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
BSchubring
in reply to: DarrenP

Clearing the temporary internet files worked, but I have to do it over and over on that machine. Any idea what would stop Vault from checking to see if there is new content?

Message 6 of 12
ihayesjr

We are actually using Internet Explorer to display the page.  I believe there may be an expiration or cache setting you might be able to change in IIS.  I will see what I can find out.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
BSchubring

Thanks!

It is a Win7 Pro x64 machine if that helps.  An identical laptop with almost the same software installed is the machine that updated the new content on its own. I think Office 2010 on the difficult machine might be the only major difference. (Office 2007 is on the one that updates OK)

Message 8 of 12
ihayesjr

Can you check your internet options in IE to see if there is a difference between the 2?  See the attached image.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
BSchubring

Except for the allocated disk size (250MB), my settings are identical.

Which brings me to a relaization that made me facepalm.  Another major difference is the trouble machine is running the IE9 RC. How that slipped my mind, I'm not sure. But, I have a feeling the chances of that being unrelated are slim.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP

that doesn't make a difference

we have IE 8 here its doing the same thing

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
shane.pudner

In my experience, the clients seems to be caching the landing page locally. I deleted the original page info from the server and most still see it after its gone.

However, we did discover a trick that sort of works around this problem:

If you get the client user to press Crtl + F5 it will update the screen immediately. It works with our Vault Professional 2012 clients, although its still a nausance for our users.

We are currently looking at changing our IIS settings to force an update each time.

Will let you know if we stumble upon a fix.

Message 12 of 12
shane.pudner

Ok it seems this can be done relatively easily by adding some META tags to your HTTP in your landing page. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft site and it seems to work nicely now.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067

In effect, it marks each page as expired and the client gets a fresh one each time.

Hope it helps someone!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report